Sunday 4 August 2013

Why be organized

Not  surprisingly, I sometimes hear people say "you are SO organized".... The tone of voice varies to include surprise, resignation, disgust (veiled, of course) and awe. I don't think I'm over the top organized, and there is certainly mess and a bit of chaos here and there, but I believe that on the whole being organized is the way to go. Why?

Being able to find things, because they have places they belong and get put in them. A timesaver.
Less stress, eg panicking about what to cook for dinner or running out of food or clean clothes
Harmony, helps every be part of the household routine and benefit from structure and routine, which kids thrive on
More time and energy for what is important. I sincerely believe that being disorganized wastes far more time and energy than getting and staying organized
Ability to cope with unexpected improves. E.g less drama being sick if meals in freezer and washing is not piled up.
Good use of time. When I have a spare 5 mins I can consult my to do list and find a good task to make use of that time. Or just relax knowing things are in hand.

So there you have it. Some reasons to become organized or feel great about your efforts so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment