Thursday 25 April 2013

Don't miss out by having vouchers expire on you!

I bet you've been here too - you remember, (or find) a gift voucher you had forgotten about.... cool!  Then you check the expiry date..... and you are too late, it has expired already.... uncool!

These days with all the daily deals available (GrabOne, TreatMe, etc) it is easy to buy vouchers, but perhaps less easy to remember to use them on time.  That makes your money saving voucher a big fat waste of money.  The same can apply to vouchers you are given, which someone has taken the time to select and spend their hard earned money on.  (Just conveying my own guilt here!!!!)

So what can you do?

1.  Keep them in a safe place.
For me that means a clip & pin on my notice board.  That way I know where to look.  They live there until I am ready to redeem them.



2.  Track their expiry dates.  I use Errands to do this (see my blog post on iPhone Household Organisations aka Lists!), but you could just as easily make notes in your diary.  Notice I say notes, not note, that way you can give yourself advance warning that the voucher is due to expire.  In my phone I will set the expiry date as the due date, or note it in the description, but set up weekly alerts that the voucher expires.  How close to expiry these alerts kick in depends on the type of voucher.  You will figure out what works for you.


Good luck on using those vouchers for fun times rather than guilt trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment